Wednesday 18 March 2009

The project...

The first 3 weeks of my project I feel I wasted too much time on the wrong idea. I wanted to display "my world" and the people in it through objects of significance.

After posting a bad photo onto my blog and going off on a quick random tangent and taking some landscape photographs I was made to realise that these particular images were my strongest.

Throughout the third week of this project I kept denying to myself that these were the stronger images and best idea to go with until the last seminar where I was looking again at the two routes my work had taken and decided that my landscape images were better and more enjoyable for me to do.

The final 6 images I have taken don't look quite right altogether they are more 2 sets of 3 images. But these images all represent "my world" and places which have significance to me. The three brighter images in the park are from the arboretum in Nottingham this is a place which I love to walk around when I want to take my mind off things, I have nothing better to do or just whenever I feel like it. The second three images are from a journey back to my boyfriends house in Tamworth. This is a journey I used to do every week with him so became part of my weekly routine and took me back to a place I considered a home from home from home. 

Overall I have really enjoyed this project, it's made me realise how much I love colour in photographs and how I thoroughly enjoy taking landscape images even if they aren't that amazing. 

Blogging for this project has really been a plus in my opinion. At the beginning I found it heard to get going and keep up but after a while I have found it has been so valuable with more and continuous feedback from anyone who has viewed my images something I wish I could have had for other projects so am definitely up for keeping this blog going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment